Lost your Mojo ?
I get asked a lot by my students about how to get sewing again after a long break.
I think everyone loses their sewing mojo at some time or another, I sometimes can go weeks without being near my sewing machine , and it sometimes takes a while to get the creative lightbulb to come back on.
Below are a few of my top tips to get back into the swing of things.
- * Try putting a tray of pens & pencils and paper on your table. You will be surprised how many members of the family are drawn to it !
- *Go Fabric shopping. Take a look at the colours and see what comes to you.
- *Join a class or course ! There's nothing better than making new sewing friends to get you back into the swing of it.
- * Make something. ANYTHING ! Creativity - The more you use , the more you have. Sometimes making a wonky pencil case or a felt flower brooch is enough to get you going again.
- ( I have tons of free patterns above ^ )
- * PINTEREST ! Ah the perfect procrastination website ! Spend half an hour looking at projects you want to make... and then SEW ONE.
- Get a Stitch Box ! Every one of my boxes has at least 4 sewing patterns inside just waiting to be sewn up ! Use them to practice or to create works of art your friends & family will love .
- Make something to give away. You'll be surprised how amazing you really are ! Never Fear making mistakes ! That's how we learn !
Keep sewing and REMEMBER : SEWING IS 10% LUCK AND 90% BODGE !
Below are a few of my favourite projects I have made over the last 6-7 years. I hope you find them inspirational :)